Listen to Audio Reflections on isolation and loneliness from older people who live in the BS3 area in South Bristol:
- Audio 1: 9 min 57 sec (MP3, 6MB)
- Audio 2: 10 min 4 sec (MP3, 6MB )
- Audio 3: 10 min 40 sec (MP3, 6MB)
- Jenny Barke, (2017) Community-based research and approaches to loneliness prevention, Working with Older People, Vol. 21 Issue: 2, pp.115-123, doi: 10.1108/WWOP-10-2016-0032
- Aloney project report (PDF, 1MB)
- An exploration of the isolation and loneliness experienced by older people living in Merthyr Tydfil; A report for service providers, Ruth Naughton-Doe (PDF, 1MB)
- Loneliness and social isolation: the need for community led action (final briefing) (PDF, 160kB)
- AHRC Connected Communities Festival, June 2015. Groups worked in conjunction with local artists:
- Southville Community Development Association. Read full account (PDF, 397kB).
- North Merthyr Communities First Cluster. Read full account (PDF, 95kB).
- Exhibition: Myrthyr Talks Isolation & Lonliness, Redhouse centre, Myrthyr, January 2016